VSPSS: Voluntary Supplementary Pension Scheme for the Self-Employed
VSPSS is undoubtedly one of the most interesting and safest savings formulas to create more breathing space for your pension. It is best to start when you start as a self-employed person. Let's list the advantages:
- The annual contributions are free to choose and 100% tax deductible as a professional expense
- This reduces your net income, which means you pay less in social security contributions
- Guaranteed return of 0.50% until you retire
- The pension savings you build up in this way, are taxed lightly
- Includes additional protection: disability and incapacity insurance, plus maternity leave compensation.
You can choose between two formulas: a social VSPSS with extra protection, or a normal VSPSS with just pension accrual.
Every self-employed person in main occupation can take out a VSPSS The collaborating spouse in the maxi-status can also take out a VSPSS policy.
Are you self-employed as a secondary occupation? In that case, you can only take out a VSPSS if you have been self-employed for at least three years, and if you pay sufficient social contributions. Your income from 3 years ago must be at least as high as the minimum threshold in main occupation. View the income thresholds here.
How much to save?
Because we know your income as a social insurance fund, we can always calculate your maximum annual premium. So you can always get the maximum benefit from your VSPSS. Of course, you decide when and how much you save each year.
The maximum amount you can save in a VSPSS is 9.4% of your net annual income from three years ago (this is also the basis for calculating your provisional social security contributions), with a maximum of EUR 3,800.01. For an ordinary VSPSS this is 8.17% of your income, with a maximum savings amount of 3,302.77 euros.
Create a simulation and take out your social VSPSS online
Enter your information and simulate your savings amount. Are you convinced? Then take out your social VSPSS digitally with itsme® in just a few clicks.
Acerta, your specialist in pension insurance for the self-employed
Acerta, the ideal partner for your pension insurance:
✓ We are the only ones who know your exact income, and will always calculate the most favourable VSPSS contribution for you.
✓ We will inform you personally at set times whether you have reached the maximum tax benefit or not.
✓ We provide you with the required tax certificate every year.
This way, you never miss out on your optimal tax and social benefits.Apply for your VSPSS
Yields and benefits
For most self-employed people, the social VSPSS offers a better return and a higher tax advantage than long-term savings or pension savings.
The paid VSPSS contributions can also be claimed as professional expenses. As a result, you pay less in taxes and social security contributions, and later enjoy a valuable supplementary pension. You will receive an annual tax certificate of your social contributions and VSPSS premiums.
NB: your VSPSS contribution is only tax deductible if all your statutory social security contributions have been paid in full before the end of the year. You may not be granted an exemption during the year by the Exemption Committee or because of informal care, equivalence due to illness or after childbirth.
- A VSPSS is safe: you benefit from a guaranteed interest rate of 0.50% on each new deposit;
- You get an additional profit share. This is variable and is determined annually - depending on the economic climate and the results of our partner KBC Insurances. (The average gross return over the last five years is 2.12%)
- You benefit from a favourable end tax when the saved amount is paid out;
- Unlike other pension savings formulas, you do not pay any premium tax with a VSPSS;
- You can combine the VSPSS with other tax pension savings formulas: pension savings, long-term savings, POZ or IPT
The maximum tax benefit of the various savings formulas
|Max contribution*||Max recovery*|
|Social VSPSS||3 800,01 euros||63,33 %||2 406,55 euros|
|Ordinary VSPSS||3 302,77 euros||63,33 %||2 091,64 euros|
|Long-term savings||2 350 euros||30 %||705 euros|
|Pension savings||990 euros||30 %||297 euros|
With a VSPSS you not only build up a supplementary pension for later. You also protect your loved ones should you die prematurely. Should you die during the course of the contract, the persons whom you have designated as beneficiaries are entitled to the accrued VSPSS savings.
In order to ease your financial worries, you can have an additional survivor's pension insured in your VSPSS. This way, your next of kin will receive an amount higher than the savings.
Acerta Verzekeringen CVBA, Heysel Esplanade PB 65 1020 Brussels, BE 0703.952.160 - RPR Brussels, associated agent of KBC Verzekeringen NV