This privacy statement was last changed on: 17 December 2018
The controller for collecting and processing your personal data
Acerta is an HR services group in Belgium specialising in consulting, IT and handling accounting processes related to payroll processing, social security, child benefit and formalities associated with establishment. The group supports entrepreneurs in every growth stage and every HR process in different Acerta entities:
- Acerta one-stop shop for entrepreneurs
Acerta Ondernemingsloket vzw, Buro & Design Center, with registered office at Heizel Esplanade 1, PB 65, 1020 Brussels, registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0480.513.551
- Acerta social insurance fund
Acerta Sociaal Verzekeringsfonds vzw, Buro & Design Center, with registered office at Heizel Esplanade 1, PB 65, 1020 Brussels, registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0416.377.646 RPR Brussels
- Acerta payroll services provider
Acerta Sociaal Secretariaat vzw, Buro & Design Center, with registered office at Heizel Esplanade 1, PB 65, 1020 Brussels, registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0473.329.910 RPR Brussels
- Acerta Sud secrétariat social
Acerta Sud secrétariat social asbl, Buro & Design Center, with registered office at Heizel Esplanade 1, PB 65, 1020 Brussels, registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0410.648.708 RPR Brussels
Acerta Shéhérazade scrl, Buro & Design Center, with registered office at Heizel Esplanade 1, PB 65, 1020 Brussels, registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0436.313.225 RPR Brussels
Acerta Public nv, Buro & Design Center, with registered office at Heizel Esplanade 1, PB 65, 1020 Brussels, registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0453.045.428 RPR Brussels
Acerta Consult cvba, Buro & Design Center, with registered office at Heizel Esplanade 1, PB 65, 1020 Brussels, registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0428.939.740 RPR Brussels
Acerta Infino vzw, Buro & Design Center, Heizel Esplanade 1, PB 65, 1020 Brussels, registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0408.187.084 RPR Brussels
This privacy statement is applicable to personal data belonging to you that is collected and processed by Acerta when you use our services.
Our privacy principles
We recognize that the protection of privacy of the data subject constitutes a fundamental right for each individual, and therefore we will do everything in our power to protect this right, by processing the personal data in a fair, open and transparent manner.
The trust our customers, employees and other stakeholders have in how we process personal data is of crucial importance to our organisation.
We understand that the abuse of personal data can have a major impact on the data subject and we will take all necessary measures to protect the data subject from financial, reputational or other damage.
We have learned that it is hard for legislation to always keep up with rapidly changing technologies, or the expectations of our customers, and therefore we try to comply with the spirit of the law and with a rapidly changing society, both pragmatically and without causing any inconvenience to our customers.
To whom does this privacy statement apply?
Acerta commits to protect your personal data with the greatest possible care, in accordance with the legislation regarding the protection of personal data. We are committed to applying the obligations arising from this legislation to all our processing and in respecting your rights with each processing of your personal data. With this privacy statement, we want to give you information concerning the personal data that Acerta collects about you, why we collect them and what we do with them.
This privacy statement is applicable to all personal data processed by us in the different Acerta entities and is applicable to all customers, potential customers and visitors to our websites, applications and buildings
- Acerta business counter for entrepreneurs
- Acerta social insurance fund
- Acerta payroll services provider
- Acerta Sud payroll services provider
- Acerta Infino
- Acerta Shéhérazade
- Acerta Public
- Acerta Consult
With this privacy statement, Acerta guarantees that you:
- stay informed about the processing of your personal data, whether electronically or on paper;
- retain control of the personal data that Acerta processes;
- are able to exert your rights regarding your personal data
If you are looking for more information about this legislation, we recommend that you consult the website of the Data Protection Authority.
Which personal data do we process at Acerta?
Personal data includes all data which enables you to identify a person, such as their surname, first name, e-mail address, ... This personal data is the property of the individual, and Acerta can use this data for the provision of their services. We distinguish the following categories of personal data:
Identification Information: this type of data enables Acerta to identify you in order to be able to offer their services to you. This category includes your surname, first name, language preference, family composition, ...
Contact information: this type of data will enable Acerta to contact you to answer possible questions, to offer their services or for other procedures where we need to contact you. This category includes your telephone number, address, email address, ...
Family information: in order to offer certain services, such as the calculation of the child benefit, Acerta needs to collect information about your family composition. This category therefore includes details about your family composition, number of dependents, ...
- Information about education: for some services, Acerta needs information about your previous education, e.g. for advisory services, career counselling, salary calculation. This category includes information on your educational level, diplomas, qualifications, school career etc.
- Information about employment: for some services, Acerta requires information about your employment, e.g. for the salary calculation or career counselling. This category includes information on your career, references, current employer, pension and insurance information etc.
Connection information: connection information contains all the information we collect from you when you use our digital services, such as the Acerta website and applications. Hereby we can secure the applications and offer you optimal support for the use of our digital services. This category includes user names, the IP address, device information, ...
Financial information: Acerta processes financial information to conclude their payment services and for services where Acerta acts as a payer. This category includes account numbers and outstanding balances.
Sensitive information: in order to offer certain services, Acerta also collects sensitive personal information such as information about health and judicial information. This information will only be collected for specific purposes for which specific contracts have been drawn up. We will always ask you explicitly for your consent before we process this sensitive data.
On what grounds does Acerta process your personal data?
We always use the minimum set of data required for providing a good level of service. We commit to process your personal data only in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were initially collected. We process your personal data for the following different purposes:
- If we have obtained your consent for processing them.
- Within the scope of a contractual obligation or in preparation of a contact with us.
- If it is essential for fulfilling our legal obligations.
- If Acerta has a legitimate interest for the processing, whereby the interest of Acerta and the rights of the data subject are kept in balance by taking sufficient appropriate measures.
- If we want to process your personal data for other purposes than those for which the data were initially collected, we will always ask for your prior explicit consent.
Acerta processes personal data for the following purposes
We only process the personal data that are necessary within the framework of predefined objectives. The primary objectives for processing personal data are:
- To provide services
- We require certain data to be able to provide accurate services. We ensure that we always use the minimum information required to provide the requested service. The information used depends on the service that is being provided.
- For contacts and interaction with people
- Whenever you contact Acerta we will ask you for a basic set of data. This allows us to identify and contact you to handle your requests or answer your questions.
- To improve the provision of Acerta’s services
- We use your personal data to assess and improve our services. For this we use, among others, analysis techniques such as customer surveys, analyses of surfing behaviour on our websites and trends on social media.
- For sales and marketing campaigns
- We use your personal data to organise our sales and marketing campaigns for the promotion of our services to customers and potential customers.
- To personalise the service to our customers
- Acerta also uses your personal data to offer their customers optimal custommade services. This requires our use of personal data which we combine with know-how domains based on different studies.
- To guarantee a good and safe service
- Acerta also processes your personal data with regards to general security in order to prevent, detect and investigate illegal and suspected abuses, in line with our general conditions and good service.
- To monitor our performances
- Your personal data may also be used for internal reporting to guide our policy objectives in order to offer long-term planning
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Acerta has a number of legal and sectoral obligations which we must meet regarding certain services. We will have to process certain personal data to fulfil these requirements.
- For qualitative data and analyses
- Acerta may also use your personal data for market analyses and research to predict certain trends in the market and to provide advice.
Does Acerta give or sell your personal data to third parties?
Acerta never gives and/or sells your personal data to third parties unless
- they are other companies within our Acerta group;
- We will pass on your personal data to companies within the Acerta group if these transfers are in accordance with the services for which we have received the data and the latter are in accordance with our processing.
- it is necessary to provide the service
- Acerta uses subcontractors for some aspects of its services and your personal data may then be transferred to this subcontractor. Some examples of these subcontractors are call centres, data centres, ... The transfer of data is always carried out in accordance with clear rules. Be assured that these personal data will only be used for the purposes for which we received them and that we will ensure fair processing.
It is necessary for the security of its internal systems
- Acerta uses specialised, external parties to secure its systems. Within this cooperation framework, we may exchange personal data with our security partners. The necessity of exchanging personal data is considered on a case-by-case basis and exchange only takes place when strictly necessary
- There is a legal obligation
- For certain services, Acerta is obliged to pass on information to official bodies such as the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises when starting up a company. This transfer always takes place according to clear guidelines and is always in accordance with the purposes for which we have received the data.
- You have given your explicit consent
- If Acerta wants to pass on your data to a third party and we cannot draw on any of the above statements, we will request your explicit permission. Without this permission, we will not sell your data or pass it on to a third party.
Regarding international transfer of personal data and processing outside the European Economic Area (EEA), personal data are only transferred to third parties if this is prescribed or permitted under the applicable privacy legislation. We guarantee appropriate safeguards, so that your rights are also respected outside the EEA in accordance with an adequate level of data protection, and we also require the data recipient to provide these appropriate guarantees. Personal data always remain protected in accordance with requirements specified in European regulations.
In some cases we use anonymous, aggregated data for commercial purposes or for external reporting. Such data can never be linked to a specific individual.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
The right of access
You have the right of access and consultation to the data that Acerta has about you. You may ask the following questions:
- Does Acerta have any of my personal data?
- What does Acerta use my personal data for?
- What personal data does Acerta have?
- Which parties can access my personal data?
To request this information, please fill in this form as completely as possible. The information in this form is only used to respond to this request and must be as complete as possible to prevent us from wrongly disclosing information on the basis of an incorrect application.
If the application does not contain enough information, an Acerta employee may request additional information.
The right to rectification
You have the right to have your data rectified if they are incorrect and/or incomplete. You can exercise this right by filling out this form. We ask you to complete it as fully as possible. We will only use the information on this form to grant this request, it must be as complete as possible to avoid the unjustified rectification of any data based on an incorrect request.
The rectification of personal data may be impossible due to contractual and/or legal restrictions.
The right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
You have the right to have your data deleted from our systems. You can exercise this right by filling out this form. We ask you to complete it as fully as possible. We will only use the information on this form to grant this request, it must be as complete as possible to avoid the unjustified deletion of any data based on an incorrect request.
Sometimes, it is not possible to delete personal data due to contractual obligations, legal provisions and our organisation's legitimate interests. For example, we will not delete your contact details if you still have an unpaid invoice.
The right to object
You have the right to object to receiving direct marketing from Acerta. This is a free and basic right which you may exercise through this link which allows you to manage your preferences.
This right to object does not apply to communications established by contractual agreements and/or legal obligations.
All the above requests are free of charge, except if Acerta considers the request to be unfounded or disproportionate (e.g. repetitive requestd). We will handle each request correctly and carefully within a period of one month after receiving all the relevant information. If necessary, this period can be extended by two months, e.g. taking into account the complexity and number of requests. If the period is extended, we will notify you, including the reason for the extension.
If you are unsatisfied with the supplied information or if you think that you have received incomplete information, you can contact Acerta's Data Protection Officer to discuss further options.
You also have the following rights:
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact our DPO at email@example.com.
The right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time if the processing of your data is done based on your consent. This can be done in the same way as you gave your consent.
The right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your data; in this case, we will continue to store your data, but we will restrict their use. You can, for example, submit this request when you think that the personal data are inaccurate, or the processing by Acerta is unjustified. We only have to grant these requests in specific cases as defined by law.
The right to data portability
You have the right to obtain the personal data that we process of you, and this in a structured, commonly used and digital format and/or to send this personal data directly to another controller.
The right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint about how Acerta processes your personal data and/or how we implement your rights, if at any time you are of the opinion that Acerta infringes your privacy. You can do this as follows:
- Lodge a complaint to Acerta
- Acerta has appointed a Data Protection Officer who has an independent role at the organisation and will handle your complaint with a view to reaching a solution together with you.
- You can contact our DPO via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lodge a complaint to the data protection authority
- You have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority about the way in which Acerta processes your personal data and/or the way in which we process your rights. We suggest you to visit the data protection authority website for more information.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Acerta has the necessary technical and organisational measures in place to guarantee that your personal data are correctly processed and are safe at Acerta. Within this framework, we may not keep personal data longer than is strictly necessary for the purposes for which we received them or for the execution of a contract or for fulfilling a legal obligation. These periods depend on the purpose for which the data are used and the type of service, because some aspects are determined by law. The archived data have limited access. On expiry of the storage period, your personal data are of course definitively removed or rendered anonymous.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file that the server of a website leaves on your computer's browser or on your mobile device when you consult the website. The cookie contains a unique code that allows your browser to be recognized during the visit to the website (called a 'session' cookie) or at later, repeat visits (called a 'permanent' cookie). Cookies may be placed by the server of the Web site that you visit or by partners with whom this website co-operates. The server of a website can only read the cookies that he himself posted, he doesn't have access to other information on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are stored on your computer or your mobile device in your browser's folder. The contents of a cookie usually consists of the name of the server that placed the cookie, an expiry date and a unique numeric code.
Cookies make the interaction between the visitor and the website generally easier and faster and help the visitor to navigate between the different parts of a website. Cookies may also be used to make the content of a website or the publicity on a website more relevant to the visitor and to adjust this to his personal taste and needs.
Acerta uses the following cookies:
1. Necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to be able to visit our web sites and to use specific features of the service. These cookies enable you, for example, to navigate between the different parts of the website or, for example, to fill out forms. Also, when you wish to log in with your personal account on one of the Acerta websites, these cookies are necessary to securely verify your identity before we give access to your personal information. If you reject cookies, certain parts of the website may not work optimally or not at all.
2. Functional cookies
The functional cookies are cookies that make the functioning of our Web sites easier and more enjoyable for the visitor and ensure you have a more personalized browsing experience. This includes the cookies that remember your preference, or remember whether you were already asked to participate in a survey so that we don't submit the same survey each time.
3. Performance cookies
We use performance cookies to collect information about the use that visitors make of our websites with the intention to improve the content of our websites, to adapt it more to the needs of the visitors and to increase the ease of use of our websites. For example, a cookie that helps us count the number of unique visitors and a cookie which keeps track of which pages are most popular.
4. Social media cookies
5. Other cookies
These are cookies that do not belong in any of the above categories. Such as the cookies we use to optimize our site and make our own web analyzes. These are so-called web analysis cookies. You can make statistics with the information they collect. They provide insight into how often the web pages are visited, where visitors spend the most time, etc. These cookies help us to make the structure, navigation and content of the Acerta websites as user-friendly as possible.
Management of cookies
If you want to use all the functionalities of our site, you have to accept all our cookies. This is very simple: either close the cookie notification or simply continue surfing on acerta.be.
Delete or disable cookies
For more information per browser type, see the following links: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
You can remove installed cookies from your PC or mobile device at any time.